Friday October 19th, 2018
- ADVISOR PROGRAM
- Secondary 3, 4 & 5: The first Advisor meeting is TODAY -Period 4!! Please verify the list posted outside Mr. Mancini's Office. Also, please check your email for more details.
- CSP I-IV
- 11 days until the final Sec. 2 deadline and 44 names are in red on Moodle. That does not leave much time. Last call for Parents' Dance waiters! Sec. 4s and Sec. 3s should not pass up the chance to get all or most of their hours done this Saturday at the Parent's Dance. 3 spots remain! The Far West! Several spots have opened up for all grade levels to help the Vaudreuil-Dorion Legion to sell Poppies in Vaudreuil. If you live out that way, it is a rare chance! 20 spots also remain for the Food Depot food drive in December. Sec. 1 students do not seem to want to fill the last 20 spots, so all other grades should feel free to take them.
- 2F Raffle
- Do you like hockey? Do you like golf? Do you like going out to movies and enjoying good food? If so, 2F is holding a 3-prize package raffle. To participate, you may purchase raffle tickets for one, two, or all three of the prize packages. The raffle will take place on Wednesday, October 24 at lunch in the Atrium. The price for raffle tickets will vary for each raffle. The first raffle is for a Food and Entertainment package consisting of two Guzzo movie passes, a large bag of Chicago mix popcorn, a $20 gift certificate to St. Viateur Bagel, and a $50 gift certificate to Casareccia. Raffle tickets are $2 for one, $5 for three, and $20 for an arm's length. The second raffle is for a Hockey package consisting of two Habs tickets and a $25 gift card to Sportium. Raffle tickets are $4 for one, $10 for three, and $25 for an arm's length. The third raffle is for a Golf package consisting of a Garmin Approach S20 golf watch (valued at $300), a $25 gift card to Golf Town, and a bucket of 50 brand new gold balls ranging from Titleist, Callaway, and Taylormade. Raffle tickets are $5 for one, $12 for three, and $30 for an arm's length. Tickets will be sold every morning in the Cafeteria until the day of the raffle, You can also purchase tickets in the Cafeteria during lunch TODAY and Tuesday and Wednesday next week. All proceeds will go to the Christmas baskets.
- Reach for the Top
- Reach for the Top meets again today at lunchtime in Room 353 for a pickup game. New participants still welcome today. Bring your lunch!
- Chess Club
- The Chess Club gets underway today at Lunch in Room 219. Players are welcome to bring your lunch.
- Intramural Hockey (IHL)
- Any student who is not playing ORGANIZED HOCKEY or any winter Loyola sport may sign up for Intramural Hockey at the Intramural Pillar. No experience necessary. (No equipment? no problem). We we lend you the equipment. Deadline for sign up is TODAY. If you have any questions please see Mr. Santillo.
- Pee Wee Hockey
- There will be a practice for both teams, Division 1 and Division 2, tomorrow Saturday from 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Score keepers
- The Juvenile Volleyball Team is looking for score keepers for their home tournament on Wednesday, October 24 after school. Please contact Mr. Plimer if interested.
- Cadet Football - Home Game
- The Cadet Football Team plays their last regular season game today at home, versus Dalbe Viau, at 3:00 p.m. Come on out and cheer on your Warriors! Please dismiss all players at 2:05 p.m. and all managers at 2:30 p.m.
- Congratulations to La Furia who advanced to the championship final yesterday after handily defeating the Spice Boyz 5-1. La Furia was led by their Star of the Match, Giuliano Valiante, who registered a hat trick. The Warrior of the Match was team captain Michael Tortolano who was playing, heroically, with an injury and had to be carried off the pitch in the second half. The Star of the Match for the Spice Boyz was captain Andrew Namour and the Warrior of the Game was George Spyropoulos.
- Soccer Fest
- Tuesday, October 23rd marks a historic occasion at Loyola High School. For the first time ever, the Bantam, Midget, and Juvenile Soccer Teams will be hosting their opponents in playoff action all on the same day. This is the culmination of hours of practice and hard fought wins to lead each team to this moment. The Midget Soccer Team takes the field at 2:30 p.m. while Bantams and Juvenile Teams play in a double header at 3:30 p.m. Come out and support your student athletes as they begin their quest to bring soccer glory back to Loyola! Go Braves and Warriors!